Asthma is one of the most common long-term diseases affecting both adults and children. It is caused by the narrowing of the airways because of inflammation.
It affects the lungs and mostly linked to environmental, occupational and genetic factors.
Even though there is no better cure for this lung disease, ways to naturally treat its symptoms when they occur are available.
The following foods which we can also refer to super foods can help a person in case he or she develops trouble in breathing, produce a lot of mucus or even feeling the chest tightness.
1. Honey – One tea spoon of honey mixed with warm water in a glass at least 3 times in a day removes phlegm from the throat and treats Asthma symptoms.
2. Coffee – Caffeine opens up the airways in the lungs for more than 3 hours, which alleviates asthma symptoms like breathlessness and chest tightness.
It can immediately treat asthma attacks as they happen which makes it easier for a person to breathe.
3. Spinach – Spinach is well considered the ”King of super foods” because it is filled with essential nutrients such as beta – carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium.
Magnesium deficiency is very common among people who suffer from asthma. The vitamin can help with airway resistance.
4. Banana – Consuming one banana in a day reduces asthmatic symptoms because it prevents the formation of free radicals.
Bananas are rich in fiber and potassium and can largely help lower blood pressure and also fight cancer.
5. Ginger – Besides its many health benefits, ginger also helps treat asthma by keeping respiratory tracts in check.
NB: Before using the mentioned above foods, be sure that you are not allergic to them and most importantly, consult your doctor or physician before eating them just to make sure no any other health complications emerges.