Home News Crime More Trouble For Obado On Sharon’s Murder Case After A New Development

More Trouble For Obado On Sharon’s Murder Case After A New Development

0
More Trouble For Obado On Sharon’s Murder Case After A New Development
Photo: Lawyer Donald Kipkorir
There is a worrying concern on the time that murder cases take to be prosecuted in the country.

The murder trial of Migori Governor Okoth Obado will resume in July after more than a one-year hiatus occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Mr Obado (right) is charged alongside his aides-Michael Oyamo and Caspal Obiero-with the murder of former Rongo University student Sharon Otieno. The Office of the Director of Public Pros ecutions (ODPP) has lined up 37 witnesses to testify against the accused.

The case had been sched- uled for hearing from March 16 last year but was halted following the scaling down of court activities to curb the spread of the disease.

Sharon was brutally murdered and her body dumped in a thicket in Oyugis, Homa Bay County in September 2018. She was stabbed eight times while seven months pregnant. Her parents, Douglas Otieno and Melida Auma, yesterday said they were hopeful justice would prevail.

“Let us wait and see. We are almost getting to the third year since our daughter and her unborn child were murdered. We are hoping she will get jus- tice,” said Mr Otieno urged the prosecution and the courts to fast-track the hearing to put the matter to rest.

READ ALSO:   Health Condition of Two Children Stabbled By Brutal Mother in Nairobi

Sharon and journalist Barrack Oduor were ab ducted moments after be ing lured out of a hotel in Rongo Town and bun dled into a waiting car. The journalist, however, acted fast and jumped out of the speeding vehicle at Nyangweso market on the Homa Bay-Kisumu Road.

Mr Obado is out on a Sh5 million bail.

 

Advertisements
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: