University life is not an easy walk in the park without finances. Every University student will confess to you that there is a time a person runs broke popularly know as “dry spell”.
It’s every person’s desire to live a comfortable Life, dress appropriately according to the latest fashion in the market and to sustain their day to day needs.
Most end up spending a lot of money paying people who help them in applying for the University loans.
In Kenya, University students who are above the age of 18 years are entitled to loans from the Higher Education Loan Board (HELB).
Here are the Requirements before applying:
• Kenyan National ID card
• Bank Account (Equity bank is the best)
• A KRA PIN ( You can acquire one by visiting the nearest cyber around you)
• Parents Details (Photocopy of Your Identification Card)
• KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS
• Email address
• Personal details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
Below are the steps a person should follow:
1. Visit the HELB Official website (https://portal.helb.co.ke/auth/register/applicants) and click the tab that is written (Create HELB account) or if you already have an account enter your login details.
2. When you have logged into your account choose First Time Undergraduate Loan Application if it is your first time to apply. If you you had already received a loan select ( subsequent loans).
3. After accessing your account fill all details carefully ( personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details). Ensure that you verify at the home page that every detail provided is correct.
4 The final step is to confirm that you have filled the form correctly and then you can click on the Icon indicated on the home page “Print Form” to print your helb form
5. After printing the form ensure that all parts in the form are signed and stamped where necessary. You can present the form to your bank or any Huduma Offices near you.