Big Blow As Student Dies After Consuming Hand Sanitizer

0
images (3)-edaedea6
Kenyan students. Photo courtesy.

One student died while five others survived after drinking hand sanitizer. The incident that was reported at Kapturir Secondary School on Monday February 22 revealed that the students had been found with complications after consuming the product.

The six students, all in Form Four were reported to have drunk hand sanitizer in what the 5 who survived termed as stupid.

The body of the deceased student was taken to a local mortuary in Turkana awaiting collection and burial.

This comes barely a year after hand sanitizers became fatal in Kenya. After the pandemic hit and there was partial lock down last year, some Kenyans resorted to drinking hand sanitizers.

This was because bars and alcohol dispensers had been closed to prevent large gatherings that would spread the Covid19 virus.

There were numerous cases reported in Central Kenya of men substituting hand sanitizer for alcohol.

The Ministry of Health had to educate people on the dangers of consuming hand sanitizers because it had a higher percentage of alcohol compared to the normal booze.

Follow stateupdate.co.ke for more updates.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply